February 10th, 2012
This Week’s Top Stories & Reports:
- Crises in a New World Order: Challenging the humanitarian project - New Oxfam report warns Western donors and relief groups must build up the capacity of local and national organisations to respond to disasters, or the international humanitarian response system will fail to cope with an expected rise in emergencies.
- Will the ‘girl effect’ really help to combat poverty? – Guardian
- Uganda: From Brick Making to Peace Building – e-architect, report on our project in Patongo.
- UK’s largest prefabricated straw bale building is officially opened – Archinect
- Japan Earthquake & Tsunami: Reconstruction 11 months on – National Post, amazing images of Japan’s post-tsunami reconstruction work. Check out the boat!