March 30th, 2012
This week’s top stories and reports:
- ECHO, UN-HABITAT join forces for flood recovery in Lao’s Khammounane Province: UN-HABITAT and ECHO will work together in Malaysia to improve contaminated water and sanitation facilities effected by last year’s flooding from a Typhoon.
- Up to 7,000 Congolese flee to Uganda to escape renewed violence in volatile east: Congolese refugees flee to Uganda to escape violence in their country. Ugandan authorities warned about security risk.
- Kony 2012: from advocacy to “badvocay”: Overseas Development Institute.
- Will climate related disasters test humanitarian relief to destruction?: New report on extreme events and disaster risk management, by Tom Mitchell, Head of climate change at the Overseas Development Institute.
- Also, discover the Lift House project developed in Bangladesh to respond to the need for clean water and shelter. This is a sustainable shelter solution for low income communities in flood prone areas.